By Michael201 | Created January 5th, 2021 | Published January 5th, 2021 | Updated January 6th, 2021
This is a three dimensionally cut Festool track holder. It has a base and wall bracket, with four rotating guides. It has multiple areas with different cut heights to allow the track to sit inside and allow the rotating guides to lock the track in place. I included a picture showing the heights of each area.
3/4" wood of choice
1/2" wood of choice
4 - 3.5" screws
4 - washers
When cutting these out, there is a lot of pocket cutting, so make sure to leave yourself room on all sides for support to help balance the weight of the Origin.
Follow these steps to cut the base and wall files from 3/4" wood of choice.
1. Start by making the four 3/4" depth helix cut holes through the wood.
1. Set to a 1/4" depth of cut with outside cuts around the left and right side half circles.
2. On the base file, also make a 1/4" depth of cut around the bottom support.
3. Next lower your depth of cut to 1/2" and cut again, around the half circles and bottom support. Starting with this cut out will provide the cleanest cut for these pieces.
4. Set depth of cut to 1/4" and pocket cut the middle and right side half circle.
5. Keep depth of cut at 1/4" and set to inside cut to finish out the middle and right side circle.
6. Keep depth of cut at 1/4" and set to outside cut. Now cut out the entire outline of the piece.
7. Set depth of cut to 1/2" and pocket cut the middle.
8. Keep at 1/2" depth and inside cut middle.
9. Keep at 1/2" depth and outside cut the entire outline of the piece.
10. Set to 3/4" depth of cut. Cut out the entire outline of the piece.
I included the FESTOOL logo. You can scale it to 2.5" width and center on the rotating knobs if you want. Use the engraving bit set to cut out the outline. You will have to select each letter and select online cut.