By Bill14 | Created February 21st, 2021 | Published February 21st, 2021 | Updated February 21st, 2021
The ultimate desktop 4U rack mount enclosure, with removable angled base and adjustable height monitor stand. Top slots for equipment ventilation, convenient carry handles, and a comfortable 20deg tilt angle.
Make a pair to set on each side of your laptop or monitor.
Rack spaces: 4U
Rack depth: 13.0"
Rack internal dimension: 19.050" wide x 7.050" tall
Desktop footprint: 15" depth, 20" width, up to 17.6" tall
Monitor height adjustment: 14.9" - 17.6" in 4 steps
Shaper Origin, 1/4" upcut bit
hex key set
adjustable wrench to hold locking nuts while tightening
clamps, corner square
round-over bit for handle
* box joints designed for 1/2" thick plywood (0.475" nominal)
* a nominal 0.005" gap has been designed around all box joint fingers
* lower quality plywood sheets can vary in thickness sheet-to-sheet. use test coupons on each layout to confirm if any offset should be applied to the design to get a snug fit
* optional: shallow pocket cut the speaker icon, and inlay with opaque epoxy, contrasting wood, or metal insert
glue up the three subassemblies separately
* do not glue monitor stand to main rack box, so monitor height can be adjusted
* do not glue base to main rack box, to allow flat or angled reconfiguration later
screw in rack ears using locking nuts
assemble subassemblies, and install feet
designed in Fusion360