By Prof_Snipe | Created June 29th, 2020 | Published June 29th, 2020 | Updated June 29th, 2020
One way "how-to" for doing Maloof style joints using Shaper Origin.
Diffuculty: "Easy to mess up"
1 hr 30 min
Files included (3)
Maloof Style Joints using Shaper Origin.pdf
Wood for the top usually 1" thick or greater
Wood for the legs
Tape for securing the stock
1/4" upcut bit
Aligning bit or engraving bit
Shaper workstation (optional)
Chisel (if you don't get the offsets right)
This is more of a how-to rather than actual cutting templates. The SVG file included is only a sample, you will need to adjust the actual measurements to your stock.
The general outline is below, see the pdf file for a more detailed description.
1. Cut the seat top (or bottom) pocket. Test fit the leg and adjust the cut offset for a snug fit.
2. Flip the seat stock vertically and create a grid using the pocket from step 1 as probe 3 (y-probe). Pocket.
3. Cut the back pocket indexing grid (0,0) to the pocket from step #2.
4 and 5. Cut the leg side pockets.
6. Cut the leg front pocket.
- PDF file with more detailed instructions
- Affinity designer file for the sample
- Exported svg file