By Dampsquid | Created May 31st, 2019 | Published May 31st, 2019
Case to protect an Apple Pencil. Designed for my daughter who likes narwhals of all things. Two halves snap together magnetically.
Files included (2)
Piece of black walnut
included engraving bit
half round router bit
- Cut wood on bandsaw, sanded.
- setup to cut as shown in pic. Blue tape and super glue method.
- exterior cutting with standard 1/4" bit, magnet holes with 1/8" standard bit. Pencil recess with half-round bit (5/16" I think)
- narwhal design cut with engraving bit and then filled with two part epoxy with added white mica powder to colour.
- Sanded smooth
- magnets from Amazon, glued in with tiny dab of superglue. One side is recessed, other proud so case parts don't slide over one another.
- Sealed with Waterlox (love that stuff)